This is the whole front leg of the Ibérico pig. Its particular muscular configuration allows it to concentrate greater intensity of flavour than the hind leg ham and an extraordinary proportion of marbled fat. This product can also be prepared in steaks or whole, turning out into truly glorious roasts.
This product is obtained from the front legs of the Ibérico breed pigs that are mainly fed a diet of grain and commercial feed.
Individually vacuum packed in food grade plastic bags. Packaged in cardboard boxes of between 5 and 10 kg for shipment.
Organoleptic Characteristics of the Product:
- Colour: Characteristic pale pink colour of fresh meat.
- Smell: Characteristic, fresh.
- Flavour: Characteristic, fresh.
- Texture: Regular, firm to the touch, without ever being heavy or stodgy.
- Refrigerated product: Store at refrigerator temperatures of between 0-5ºC.
- Frozen product: Store at freezer temperatures of between -18ºC and -30ºC.